The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been
playing a vital role in producing engineers of highest skills and caliber. Department of E & TC has
highly qualified and experienced faculty with expertise in the areas of Digital Image and Signal
Processing, VLSI and Embedded System, Communication Engineering and Process Automation etc. The
department has defined the programme outcomes and all the good initiatives are undertaken to
facilitate and fulfill the same.
Overview of Department
Year of Establishment U. G. : 1999 - 2000 P. G.
(VLSI) : 2012 - 2013
Intake : First Shift - 120, Second Shift - 60, P. G. : 18
PhD research Center : 2017
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Vision and Mission
VISION : To serve the society by creating
competent Electronics and Telecommunication engineers with value added quality education.
MISSION : To produce competent and cultured Electronics and
Telecommunication engineers through quality education by imparting attitude, knowledge,
skills, project-based learning using well defined teaching learning process and excellent
learning facilities to serve the needs of society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- To provide sound foundation in mathematics, basic science
and fundamentals of E& TC engineering to the students.
- To provide students with good Electronics and
Telecommunication Engineering breadth so as to enable them to comprehend, analyze,
design, and create novel products and solutions for the real-life problems.
- To inculcate effective communication skills, teamwork
spirit and professional ethics in students to meet employers need at large and prepare
them for higher studies.
- To create awareness among students about social commitment
Program Outcomes (PO's)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge
of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to
the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate,
review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching
substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,natural sciences, and
- Design/development of solutions: Design
solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes
that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and
safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex
problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including
design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the
information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and
apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including
prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning
informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and
cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional
- Environment and sustainability: Understand
the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental
contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and
commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
- Individual and team work: Function
effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in
- Communication: Communicate effectively on
complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large,
such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation,
make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and
apply thesssse to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects
and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need
for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long
learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Ability to comprehend and exhibit the
competency in the areas of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering like VLSI, Embedded
Systems, Signal Processing, Communication, Computing and Automation
- PSO2: Ability to design and analyse Electronics & Telecommunications
systems using state of art hardware and software tools to address the needs of the industry
- PSO3: Ability to build research and problem-solving attitude to address the
societal, environmental, health and safety issues, strengthen professional competency,
imbibe ethical values for holistic development.
Academic Advisory Committee
- Chairman : Dr. G.N.Kulkarni (Director, PCCOE
- Member Secretary : Dr. M T Kolte, Professor and Head, Department of
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. R. A. Patil, Professor, Department of Electronics
and Telecommunication Engineering, COEP, Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. N B Chopade, Department of Electronics and
Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Parents) : Mr Hemant J Jadhav, Domain Powers, Bhosari, Pune
- Member (Industry) : Mr. Sunil Kharate, Segate, Pune
- Member (Alumni) : Mr. Hrishikesh Gore, Menkar Energy Pvt Ltd, Aundh, Pune
- Member (R & D Organization) : Mr. S. G. Kulkarni, Sr. Scientist, Bhabha
Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Member (Student) : Diksha Dubey TE(A), Department of Electronics and
Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune